You are invited to be a part of the second SLGBT Alliance fundraising event – The Halloween GACHA Spooktacular!
Our mission is not only to bring together the LGBT Communities of Second Life, but also to raise linden for various real life charities that promote and support the LGBT cause. Charities will rotate based on event!
Our second event, The Halloween GACHA Spooktacular, will raise linden for Dan Savage’s It Gets Better Project.
From the website:
The It Gets Better Project’s mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them.
Growing up isn’t easy. Many young people face daily tormenting and bullying, leading them to feel like they have nowhere to turn. This is especially true for LGBT kids and teens, who often hide their sexuality for fear of bullying. Without other openly gay adults and mentors in their lives, they can’t imagine what their future may hold. In many instances, gay and lesbian adolescents are taunted — even tortured — simply for being themselves.
While many of these teens couldn’t see a positive future for themselves, we can. The It Gets Better Project was created to show young LGBT people the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach – if they can just get through their teen years. The It Gets Better Project wants to remind teenagers in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better.
For more information about The It Gets Better Project, please check out the website at: http://www.itgetsbetter.org/
- The Halloween GACHA Spooktacular Event will run Tuesday, October 7th – Sunday, October 21st.
- Designers may purchase up to 3 Gacha Machines and are required to supply a GACHA containing no less than 5 items.
- This is a charity event with a mandatory 50/50 percent split on ALL machines placed and a minimum 50L per gacha play).
- Participation is only 250L per machine!
- Gacha Machines will be supplied.
- Your items must be NEW and EXCLUSIVE during the event. After the event ends, you are welcome to do whatever you wish with them!
- A texture of your item will be required for our website preview!
- Designers will receive their logos and store links on our website, as well as blog coverage of the event!
- The SIM Rating will be set to ADULT for this event.
We hope you will join us in supporting this important cause! Follow the link below to submit your confirmation application. Applications are due by September 25th, 2014.
A reservation fee is required. Once your registration has been processed, you will receive a notecard in world with a landmark. Please follow the landmark ASAP to purchase your reservation space for the event.
IMPORTANT! YOUR REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR RESERVATION SPACE!
IMPORTANT! Please send a full perm logo to Cortez Brandriss immediately after filling out this form!
SAVE THE DATE:
September 25 – Registration Closes
Oct 5 – Set-Up Begins
Oct 7 – Event Opens @ 3pm SLT
Oct 21 – Event Closes @ 8pm SLT
Oct 22 – Clean-up